PAST SIMPLE - Regular and irregular verbs
1. The receptionist (welcome) ________the guests and (ask) ________them to fill in the form.
2. The car (break) ________down and we (have) ________to walk home.
3. He (wake) ________up and (look) ________at his watch.
4. My father (come) ________in, (look) ________around and (tell) ________me to tidy up my room.
6. Tom (move) ________ to this town in1994.
7. My friend (be) ________in Canada two years ago.
8. Last week, Mary and Paul (go)________ to the cinema.
9. (they/spend) ________their holiday in New Zealand last summer?
10. I (see) ________an interesting film yesterday.
11. Last year I (spend) _______ my holiday in Ireland.
12. It (be) __________________ great.
13. I (travel) __________________ around by car with two friends and we (visit) __________________ lots of interesting places.
14. In the evenings we usually (go) __________________ to a pub.
15. One night we even (learn) __________________ some Irish dances.
16. We (be) __________________ very lucky with the weather.
17. It (not / rain) __________________ a lot.
18. But we (see) __________________ some beautiful rainbows.
19. Where (spend / you) __________________ your last holiday?
20. Mum ________ (play) tennis yesterday.
21. I ________ (forget) to do my homework last night.
22. Gina ________ (not clean) her room last week.
23. My grandparents ________ (not travel) to London a month ago.
24. What ________ you ________ (drink) after the game?
25. Last Friday Caroline flew1 (fly) from Paris to Amsterdam. She ________2 (get) up at 5 a.m. and ________3 (have) breakfast. At 5.30 she ________4 (leave) home and ________5 (drive) to the airport. When she ________6 (get) there she ________7 (check) in. Then she ________8 (sit) at a café and ________9 (wait) for her flight. When she ________10 (arrive) to Amsterdam she ________11 (take) a taxi to the hotel.
26. Last year I ________1 (spend) my holiday in Ireland. I ________2 (travel) with two friends and we ________3 (visit) a lot of interesting places. In the evenings we usually ________4 (go) to a pub. One night we even ________5 (learn) some Irish dances. It ________6 (not/ rain) a lot. But we ________7 (see) a beautiful rainbow. Where ________8 (spend/ you) your last holiday?