Friday, July 8, 2011

A selection of sentences - PAST SIMPLE


PAST SIMPLE - Regular and irregular verbs

1.       The receptionist (welcome) ________the guests and (ask) ________them to fill in the form.
2.       The car (break) ________down and we (have) ________to walk home.
3.       He (wake) ________up and (look) ________at his watch.
4.       My father (come) ________in, (look) ________around and (tell) ________me to tidy up my room.
5.       Martha (turn) ________off the lights and (go) ________to bed.
6.       Tom (move) ________ to this town in1994.
7.       My friend (be) ________in Canada two years ago.
8.       Last week, Mary and Paul (go)________ to the cinema.
9.       (they/spend) ________their holiday in New Zealand last summer?
10.   I (see) ________an interesting film yesterday.
11.   Last year I (spend) _______ my holiday in Ireland.
12.   It (be) __________________ great.
13.   I (travel) __________________ around by car with two friends and we (visit) __________________ lots of interesting places.
14.   In the evenings we usually (go) __________________ to a pub.
15.   One night we even (learn) __________________ some Irish dances.
16.   We (be) __________________ very lucky with the weather.
17.   It (not / rain) __________________ a lot.
18.   But we (see) __________________ some beautiful rainbows.
19.   Where (spend / you) __________________ your last holiday?
20.   Mum  ________ (play) tennis yesterday.
21.   I  ________ (forget) to do my homework last night.
22.   Gina  ________ (not clean) her room last week.
23.   My grandparents  ________ (not travel) to London a month ago.
24.   What  ________ you  ________ (drink) after the game?
25.   Last Friday Caroline flew1 (fly) from Paris to Amsterdam. She ________2 (get) up at 5 a.m. and ________3 (have) breakfast. At 5.30 she ________4 (leave) home and ________5 (drive) to the airport. When she ________6 (get) there she ________7 (check) in. Then she ________8 (sit) at a café and ________9 (wait) for her flight. When she ________10 (arrive) to Amsterdam she ________11 (take) a taxi to the hotel.
26.   Last year I ________1 (spend) my holiday in Ireland. I ________2 (travel) with two friends and we ________3 (visit) a lot of interesting places. In the evenings we usually ________4 (go) to a pub. One night we even ________5 (learn) some Irish dances. It ________6 (not/ rain) a lot. But we ________7 (see) a beautiful rainbow. Where ________8 (spend/ you) your last holiday?

No comments:

Post a Comment