Friday, July 8, 2011

A selection of sentences - PRESENT SIMPLE OR PRESENT CONTINUOUS


Present simple or continuous.
1.       Look! He (leave) ________ the house.
2.       Quiet please! I (write) ________ a test.
3.       She usually (walk) ________ to school.
4.       But look! Today she (go) ________ by bike.
5.       Every Sunday we (go) ________ to see my grandparents.
6.       He often (go) ________ to the cinema.
7.       We (play) ________ Monopoly at the moment.
8.       Tom (not go) ________ often to the Cyber café.
9.       The child often (cry) ________.
10.   I (not / do) ________ anything at the moment.
11.   (watch / he) ________the news regularly?
12.   Excuse me. (know)________you________ how to get to Church Street?
13.   What (listen to) ________you ________?
14.   Juan (work)________ for the Bosnia airline. He is a pilot.
15.   In summer, the sun (rise) ________ at five o’clock in the morning.
16.   I (not like) ________ my gym. I (not get) ________ fit fast enough.
17.   (fly)________ you ________ to Alicante this weekend?
18.   What (do) ________Brad ________ at the moment?
19.   Every Monday, Sally (drive)________ her kids to football practice.
20.   Usually, I (work)________ as a secretary at ABT, but this summer I (study)________ French at a language school in Paris. That is why I am in Paris.
21.   Shhhhh! Be quiet! John (sleep)________.
22.   Don't forget to take your umbrella. It (rain)________.
23.   I hate living in Seattle because it (rain, always) ________.
24.   I'm sorry I can't hear what you (say)________because everybody (talk)________ so loudly.
25.   Justin (write)________ a book about his adventures in Tibet now.
26.   Oh, sorry, I can't come tonight. I (go)________ to a movie tonight with some friends.
27.   James (live) ________in a little village.
28.   He (be) ________in his last year at school.
29.   After school, James (want) ________to become a banker.
30.   So this week, he (do) ________a practical course in a bank.
31.   There (be) ________a bank in a nearby town, but James (have) ________to take the bus to get there.
32.   The bus (leave) ________at 5.30 in the morning and (return) ________at 8.15 in the evening.
33.   James (not / like) ________to spend so much time in town before and after work, waiting for the bus.
34.   So, this week he (stay) ________with his aunt, who (live) ________in town.
35.   James usually (wear) ________jeans and t-shirts, but while he (work) ________for the bank now, he (wear) ________a suit and a tie.
36.   Sue (be) ________a student from South Korea.
37.   She (live) ________in Seoul and (study) ________medicine.
38.   At the moment, however, Sue (live) ________in London. She (do) ________a six-month practical course in a London hospital.
39.   I (be) ________very busy today.
40.   At noon I (visit) ________my friend Tanya.
41.   We (want) ________to have lunch together.
42.   In the afternoon I (play) ________squash with Emily.
43.   In the evening, I (meet) ________Rob.
44.   The film (start) ________at 8 pm.
45.   My sister sometimes ________ (play) with Lego.
46.   The girls ________ (not ride) their bikes now.
47.     ________ the football players ________ (meet) every day?
48.   Juliet ________ (not like) tea, but she  ________ (drink) it today because she’s ill.
49.   We________ (go) to the theatre this evening.
50.   ________ (the movie/begin) at 3:30 or 4:30?
51.   We________ (have) a party next Saturday. Would you like to come?
52.   I ________ (not/go) away for my vacation next month because I don't have enough money. ________ (you/go) away?
53.   The concert this evening ________ (start) at 8:00.
54.   George, is it true that you ________ (get) married next week?
55.   The art exhibit ________ (open) on May 3rd and ________ (close) on July 15th.
56.   What time________ (the next train/leave)?
57.   Ann, we________ (go) to the park. ________ (you/come) with us? 
58. I________ (celebrate) my birthday party next Saturday. Would you like to come?

No comments:

Post a Comment